Tires Near Me | Krietz Auto Tire Center
Krietz Has Got You Covered
Are you in the market for a new set of tires near Frederick, MD? We can help you find the perfect match for your vehicle here at Krietz Auto. Whether your current set needs to be replaced or you’re looking for a new tire type, our expert team can direct you towards the tires that will offer the greatest benefit to you and your vehicle. We carry a wide variety of popular and dependable tire brands, so you can easily find a set of tires that inspires confidence and suits your needs.
Not Sure What You Need?
No problem! Send us your contact information below, and someone from our team will reach out to you. We’ll make sure to find you the right size, type, and brand for your vehicle. We can even install them for you at our service center!
Nitto Tire Enthusiasts
We Love Tires
We take pride in our tire selection, and our ability to customize anything that comes our way. A good set of tires completes the look and utility of your vehicle, and we love Nitto for every occasion.
This section will go through the 4 Main Nito Tires we recommend, why we love them, and some content to help guide you through your decision. Need help figuring out the right fit? Worried about camber or alignment? Have tires but need balancing? Shoot us a note at the bottom, and our trained professionals will reach out to you right away.
Need even more inspiration? Take a look at our Build Gallery for images on Krietz Custom Edition Trucks and Jeeps we have done.
Nitto Trail Grappler
Stuck in a rut? Planning on getting yourself stuck in some boggy areas? Arguably, the Nitto Trail Grappler is one of the best tires on the market for this sticky situation. From its diagonal lugs and balanced void ratio, it evacuates mud at an impressive rate. That is just the tip of the iceberg with this tire, here are the key selling points on it:
- Dual sidewall designs: On the Trail Grappler one side has stylized lettering with V-shaped buttresses and the other has traditional lettering with flat buttresses
- Tread Block Arrangement: Nitto’s engineers set out to design an aggressive — and yet quiet — off-road tire. As a result, Nitto produced an off-road tire that is 34% quieter at street speeds and 36% quieter at highway speeds compared to the Mud Grappler.
- Durability: The 3-ply sidewall with a high turn-up construction acts as an extra layer of reinforcement to increase puncture resistance.
- On-Road Comfort: Nitto’s proprietary, automated manufacturing system produces extraordinarily uniform tires. This creates a smooth ride on paved roads.
- Shoulder Groove: Reinforced shoulder grooves adds additional off-road and all-season performance without compromising tread block stiffness.
- Central Siping: Deep center sipes decrease hydroplaning and increases traction in wet conditions.
- Mud Evacuation: The balanced void ratio efficiently removes mud and dirt from the tread to provide continuous off-road traction.
Nitto Ridge Grappler
Quite simply, this is our bread and butter. Most of our Customs Editions come equipped with this tire, and there is good reason for it. From its ulta-low sound output, to its advanced engineering for just about every terrain – including the concrete jungle, the Nitto Ridge Grappler is our go-to tire. Here are just a few features that make this such a versatile tire:
- Staggered shoulder lugs deliver strong off-road grip
- Shoulder grooves help clear mud from the tread, keeping grip strong
- Variable pitch tread pattern for a smooth, quiet ride on-road
- Two sidewall patterns – a traditional pattern on one side and a block design on the other
- Stone ejectors push rocks out of the tread, preventing damage
- Lateral Z tread grooves and step block edges bite into terrain for powerful traction
Nitto Terra Grappler
Quite simply, this is our bread and butter. Most of our Customs Editions come equipped with this tire, and there is good reason for it. From its ultra-low sound output, to its advanced engineering for just about every terrain – including the concrete jungle, the Nitto Ridge Grappler is our go-to tire. Here are just a few features that make this such a versatile tire:
- Dual Sidewall Designs: Similar to the other Grapplers, it comes with two sidewall designs so you can choose how your tires look.
- Multi-Purpose Traction & Handling: Coupling joints between tread block elements reduce excessive flex for better traction and steering response on and off road.
- High Density Siping: Siping helps resist hydroplaning by cutting through pockets of water on road surfaces.
- Off-Road Performance: The lugs on the shoulder are staggered to improve traction in deep sand and loose dirt.
- All-Season Performance: Angled, lateral voids were engineered to channel away water in wet conditions and provide forward stability in dry conditions.
Nitto Mud Grappler
The off-roading king of Nitto. If you are looking for extreme off-road capabilities, the sound of an aircraft coming by when you are on concrete or pavement, or need a doomsday tire, this is your co-captain. Some other important features of the Nitto Mud Grappler are as follows:
- Dual Sidewall Designs: customize your look with two design options.
- Aggressive Sidewall Lugs: one of the most aggressive and functional sidewall designs on the market. The massive lugs provide additional biting edges, which is especially helpful in rocky terrain.
- High Void Ration: efficiently clears mud and dirt from the pattern to provide excellent traction in extreme terrain.
- Puncture Resistance: three-ply polyester sidewall construction and high strength steel belt tread package improve puncture resistance.
- Off-Road Traction: tread blocks are arranged to keep part of the lugs biting the ground at all times.